How long is the session?
Initial treatment will last 60 to 90 minutes and follow-up treatment 45 to 60 minutes, depending on the severity of the problem and the methods of treatments.
Is acupuncture covered by insurance?
Many insurance companies now offer policies that cover acupuncture and related services. Check your insurance card and call the number on it. Your insurance representative will tell you whether your policy covers acupuncture or not and how much it covers.
What do I ask the insurance company?
If your insurance does cover acupuncture, here are sample questions to ask the representative for more details:
- How many treatments can I get a year?
- How much is the co-pay for acupuncture from a preferred provider? (This is the amount you pay out-of-pocket for each visit to a provider on the insurance’s provider list.)
- What percentage will I pay for a visit to an out-of-network practitioner? (This is the amount you pay out-of-pocket to each visit to a provider who is not on the insurance’s provider list.)
- Will I need a referral from an MD to see the acupuncturist?
- What is my deductible?
- What conditions are covered for acupuncture? (Some plans cover only certain pain symptoms.)
How do I bill the insurance company for acupuncture?
If you bring your insurance card, we can bill for you. Or if you’d like to do it yourself, you can pay first and file a claim for reimbursement.
But I don’t have an insurance
If you don’t have insurance or if your insurance doesn’t cover acupuncture, ask us what your options are. Acupuncture is one of the most cost-effective healthcare solutions. It may be your best option when you don’t have insurance coverage. We have a special discount plan for this case.
Does Medicare cover acupuncture?
A lot of senior suffer from chronic illnesses and they can benefit greatly from acupuncture treatment. Unfortunately, Medicare does not cover acupuncture yet. However, some secondary plans do cover acupuncture treatment. (If you are looking for a plan to supplement your Medicare plan, make sure the plan covers acupuncture.) Contact your insurance representative and ask about your benefits. If that doesn’t cover acupuncture, call us and ask about the senior discount plan.
Can I get acupuncture treatment after an auto accident?
If you have suffered from an auto accident or a personal injury, you are entitled to receive treatments without any financial responsibility on your part. Please contact us for more information.